September 17, 2010
“The Wayne Spring Summer 2011 girl is like Pris, the Replicant, in Bladerunner; she’s smart, strong and dangerous, yet also a delicate and vulnerable flower” explains Wayne Lee.
Just as the character Pris airbrushed herself in the film, the TEMPTU team along with Key makeup artist Danielle Fonseca, airbrushed the models to create a “fresh natural look with presence.” Wayne also chooses to incorporate TEMPTU’s custom temporary tattoos as body art for some of the pieces of the collection. The tattoos added edge and at the same time a delicate floral essence to each piece, another reference to Bladerunner.
* TEMPTU AIR pod Foundation on the skin for overall minimal, even tone and soft finish.
* TEMPTU AIR pod Highlighter in Champagne on the upper cheek line and brow bone for a strobe, shimmer effect
* TEMPTU AIR pod in All Over Bronzer (new in Spring 2011) on eyelid
* TEMPTU PRO S/B specialized mix of Natural Blonde, Deep Taupe and Champagne Shimmer airbrushed in crease
* TEMPTU AIR pod Blush in Peony (new in Spring 2011) on the apples of the cheek for soft flush
* TEMPTU PRO S/B in Raspberry airbrushed in the center of the lips for a subtle naturally bitten lip look
* TEMPTU partnered with New York Artist Hope Gangloff to create custom temporary tattoo transfers for the body. The designs are Venus Flytraps and Pitcher Plants that grew out of the collaboration between Wayne Lee and Hope Gangloff for the Spring Collection fabrics and designs.
September 3, 2010
The Emmy Awards were this past Sunday, and Angela Kinsey looked gorgeous!
I swear every year gets better and better!
The man that’s in the picture with me below, is Theodore Leaf. Theodore does Angela’s hair and we really make a great team. Teamwork is key to me in the business, and on days like the Emmy’s, I actually prefer to work with the hair stylist at the same time so the look comes to life all at once!
Tip of the week: Concealer: Blend, Blend, Blend!
I am a total blender! Blending is the key to perfect color match! You never want it to be obvious that someone has concealer on.
Here are my steps to flawless skin:
- First I fill my airbrush with TEMPTU PRO S/B Foundation #004 and #006.
- Then I spray some of the foundation onto my palette, to mix it with my concealer – this gets me the closest color match possible
- Next, I apply the concealer where it’s needed and I blend it out to make sure there are no brush strokes (everything shows up on HD!)
- Once I’m done concealing, I airbrush the foundation
- To complete the look, I dusted TEMPTU PRO Invisible Difference Powder ONE and perfecto!
Amazing, flawless skin!
Enjoy your Labor Day weekend! Till next week! Kristina Duff – Guest Blogger and Hollywood Makeup Artist
July 30, 2010
TEMPTU LA hosted Charlotte Salt, up-and-coming british actress, from The Tudors and Beowolf! Not only does Charlotte hail on the big screen, but she has turned her passion for beauty and health into an amazing blog, In the Eye of the Beholder, as a forum for reviews on brands, tips from professional makeup artists, and tips on general health and well being.
We were thrilled she stopped by to check out the TEMPTU AIRbrush Makeup System for herself, and after a quick one on one lesson, you can see how gorgeous she looks!
Check out her blog HERE!
July 27, 2010
It was a highly anticipated Premier weekend both for the big screen and for home viewers with back to back drama AMC style, all showcasing TEMPTU and TEMPTU PRO products! Check out below for the big hits and what product was used.
SALT, the highly anticipated Angelia Jolie espionage film, CIA agent accused of being a Russian Spy.
-Makeup Artist Vincent Schicchi used the TEMPTU PRO Dura Palette Grease & Grime on various actors to depict dirt, road rash, and grass stains.
Mad Men, back for Season 4 of the sexy and styled Madison Ava advertising world of the ‘60s, drew a record breaking of 2.9 million viewers, making it the most-watched season premiere. Airs every Sunday at 10/9c on AMC.
- The Mad Men Makeup Department airbrushed various characters with the TEMPTU AIRbrush Makeup System & Pods
Rubicon, starring James Badge Dale, from 24 and HBO’s The Pacific, stars as an intelligence analyst who uncovers a global conspiracy. Airs after Mad Men every Sunday at 11/10c on AMC.
-Makeup Artist, Vincent Schicchi, works his magic once again with TEMPTU PRO DURA products.
April 3, 2010
We at TEMPTU are HUGE fans of NewBeauty Magazine, and not just because of all the crazy plastic surgery (where ANYTHING can happen!) but we love transformations with just makeup! Talk about non-invasive. This month, check out a high performance hyperpigmentation correcting before and after using TEMPTU AIRbrush Makeup System and AIR pods, with a step by step by our VP of Global Artistry JP McCary.
You can do it at home, for the fraction of the cost of a trip to the derm or plastic surgeon!
February 20, 2010
TEMPTU was backstage for Caroline Seikaly’s Fall 2010 Presentation at New York Fashion Week, her second since her debut in September. A gown designer who earned her stripes assisting Lagerfeld in Paris is now notorious for couture lace dresses that are coveted by the fashion tribes, including Madonna, most recently having been seen in one on a NYC outing, and Hayden Penettierre. The collection included the familiar lace dresses; this time with leather insets that added an edge to what otherwise would be feminine and slinky. Key makeup artist Talia Shobrooke created a look of a “girl gone into the woods in a gorgeous dress” in the midst of winter – coming out with dewy skin, rosy cheeks and her lips flushed. It was a natural, casual, romantic look that prevailed to compliment the ease of elegant dress and masterful craftsmanship.
Read the rest of this entry »
January 21, 2010
Celebrity makeup artist Fiona Stiles used the Temptu Air Pod Highlighter in “Copper” on Gabrielle Union at last week’s BET Honors. “Gabrielle was wearing a lovely pale gold beaded dress, so we wanted something glamorous but still young and light feeling. I focused on beautiful, fresh skin and dramatic lashes…” Fiona says. With Temptu Air Pod Highlighter you can take your complexion from dull to radiant in an instant and look like a celebrity!
Lucie – Temptu Marketing & PR
December 19, 2009
Both magazines are giving love to the Temptu AIRbrush Makeup System for January 2010′s Beauty Features.
Harper’s Bazaar declares Temptu airbrush as New Beauty for a New Year — to get great skin. Elle highlights the Sephora Pro Team members and their favorite products inside their kit – for Julie Taing in San Diego, that’s the Temptu AIRbrush Makeup System.
On Newstands now!