November 29, 2010
Here are TEMPTU PRO’s Top 5 Tattoo Coverage Tips:
1. Make sure you use complimentary colors when covering tattoos. For example: Coral Adjuster #320 color covers black and blue inks, Red Adjuster #322 covers green inks, Olive Adjuster #321 covers red inks, etc. A great way to save money and get all these colors together is to purchase our Dura Pro Palette in Skinlight.
2. Brush size matters. Use wider bristled synthetic brushes to cover large areas of the tattoo, and smaller brushes to cover more detailed areas.
3. When covering a tattoo using a Dura Pro Palette, use a generous amount of 99% alcohol to create a wash of coverage. This process will cancel out the brightness of the tattoo.
4. Use a alcohol based makeup, like our Dura formula, to complete your tattoo coverage. Our Total Skin Dura Starter Set is ideal for this and offers a complete spectrum of foundation color combinations.
5. To achieve a more natural skin finish, you may put a layer of S/B Foundation on top for a flawless finish.
To learn how to perfectly cover any tattoo sign up for our Tattoo Workshop.
November 17, 2010
We’ve had a lot of fans ask for tips on applying makeup to mature skin. We turned to our resident TEMPTU PRO makeup artists Shannon and Adrian for their top 10 Makeup Musts for Mature Skin.
1. Make sure the skin is well moisturized. A more cream based moisturizer tends to work best. We love Embryolisse’s Lait Creme Concentre (24 HOUR MIRACLE CREAM).
Read the rest of this entry »
November 3, 2010
Welcome to TEMPTU PRO’s Blog! TEMPTU PRO is dedicated to professional makeup artists and their craft. That means this blog is for professionals and aspiring professionals only! We want to cover the trends, tutorials, and other topics that you pros love and want to learn. With the growth of our new Facebook fan page, we want to get to know more about what our new and older fans want to hear from us. Is there a new makeup trend or style you want the TEMPTU PRO spin on? Are there any airbrush or temporary tattoo tips and tricks that you want to learn? Maybe there is a makeup artist you idolize and would love to see interviewed by us? Here’s your chance to tell us what you want to hear! Post your ideas below or on our Facebook page. Remember TEMPTU PRO is all about helping makeup artist’s grow!
November 1, 2010
TEMPTU PRO has a new Facebook page! Experience a whole new world on Facebook only for pro makeup artists. Share your latest work, network with other makeup artists, and stay informed on everything TEMPTU PRO!
At TEMPTU PRO, we are dedicated to makeup artists and their craft. Our new Facebook page gives you the opportunity to get your work seen and commented on by your peers. Do you have a question about a special F/X application, or an advanced makeup technique? Now you can post your question on our wall and get help from other pro makeup artists. Help your makeup artistry knowledge grow with TEMPTU PRO!
We have a special gift just for you for taking the time to Like us and get involved in our makeup artist forum! Want to know what it is? You’ll just have to like us to find out.
August 20, 2010
Kristina Duff touching up Courtney Hansen
Wow, it’s been a busy week! A 2 day photo shoot in Death Valley was intense with 120 degree heat, but working in the hot CA sun was a no-sweat job, thanks to my TEMPTU PRO S/B makeup!
This week’s tip:
How to pull off multiple looks with limited time without starting fresh.
1. Remove the makeup from the eye area with a makeup remover wipe (followed by a cotton pad with water to rid the skin of any remover residue)
2. Airbrush the base back on and blend back into the 1st layer of foundation.
3. It’s been my experience with other foundations that they don’t blend and the line is apparent similar to that if you chip you nail polish and try to fill it back in. TEMPTU PRO S/B Foundation is easier to blend, even if it is already set!!
4. Tap a little S/B Mixing Medium into the base that has already set if you want some extra blending room. Viola-the base is set and you’re ready to do your next look!
Enjoy these Summer days and don’t forget your SPF! Oh, if you weren’t sure, sun block should be applied between the moisturizer and the primer. Wait a few minutes for the SPF to set in and then apply your TEMPTU PRO S/B Primer, followed by TEMPTU PRO S/B Foundation of course.
-Kristina Duff , Celebrity Makeup Artist & Guest Blogger